Z Medley WIP Z Medley WIP

The quality of this work is astounding. A demonstration of excellent composition.

brujeria responds:

I think you meant "arrangement", I didn't compose any of these themes, Koji Kondo and his team did. Thanks, it is much appreciated I've spent many hours of procrastination on this and many more to follow until it is completed, lol.

Jailbirds' Lament Jailbirds' Lament

There is a bit of charm to this song, but there really isn't much to it.

I like how it loops though.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

OK. Thanks for listening.

track - 60 track - 60

That gated pad is giving me such a great eerie feeling. So dramatic I love it.
The strings are so powerful! It drives the intro so well.
Those stinging strings are great, and I like how the beat sounds. It could have been introduced better, however. The sample that cuts in, transitioning into the next build into the strings doesn't fit well there.
I also think the drum and bass sample you inserted doesn't fit well also. That part of the song should have focused on the beautiful strings that you have.

Phractle responds:

You got a good ear for trance. Solid advice.

ASG — Eternal blue ASG — Eternal blue

The melody is driving me completely insane. This song is filled with those kind of arps that take you into another world that only chiptune music can take you. This is an instant download.

Esdeer responds:

It's good to hear that you enjoyed this rearrangement!

Fasefuquer Fasefuquer

This song has no beat! what!

Man you gotta work on your progression skills as well as bringing in new synths.
Make your kicks as loud as your bass, because bass isn't the only instrument in your song :D
Dubstep focuses on the Kicks, Snares, Hats, and Heavy wobbly bass. Making these weave in and out is key.

Robotussin Ballin' Robotussin Ballin'

you don't have flow

I'm forgettin this
I forgot what I was about to say
cus half the shit that comes out my mouth is straight weird or gay

REALLY

I titty fucked her so hard that her titties fell off
then I picked them up and put em back on

that just earned you a five

and a download

theblackkangaroo responds:

haha thanks bro!

-KA89- Xenos V2(WIP) -KA89- Xenos V2(WIP)

Try making your lead more audible. I was struggling to get into the intro of this song because I was straining to hear the lead groove. Loving the snare.
Try introducing your synths a little better, with more percussion leadup and perhaps a line of the synth a bar before the synth is actually introduced with a low pass filter.
This song goes all over the place with it's progression, it doesn't really stick to one idea, i feel like it's many songs in one.

All that being said, the song is still well made. I imagine this a mashup of a bunch of interstellar battle themes. I just wish I could hear more of each of the ideas that you have presented in this song, because every time I got into one it would just change on me. Then I'm like shit! I wish I could get more of that.
3:30 is such a fucking groove man. Serious props, I just wish I COULD HAVE HEARD MORE OF IT UGH

Kyleadam89 responds:

This is a rough mix I haven't gone in and done any volume editing because it isn't finished yet, but i will take your advice when I get to that phase, thanks for your review!

Find Me In Slumberland Find Me In Slumberland

I'm getting some major vibes from this one. I can feel this song.

It conveys a feeling of loneliness or perhaps tragedy.

soul jump soul jump

When that square bass comes in, it tears this track apart. NO NO NO!!!

The atmosphere was so good and then that bass just takes me out of it man.
The rest of the song is detailed and feels full. The drop is just downright yucky, and not in the good way.

Long Desire Long Desire

Loving the funky beat and jazzy lead. Love the slappy bassline. This is of very high quality, and the electric brass just has so much soul to it! Love this tune dude. You know how to get a groove and stick with it, as well as keep it interesting. I look forward to hearing your other work